h.e.a.r.t.'s highly trained faculty is passionate about the subjects they teach. Not only do they want you to have a deep understanding of the content, they want to help you integrate the classroom learning with application in a cross-cultural setting. All of our professors hold at least a Master's Degree and more than half also have a Doctorate.
Our fundamental principles
h.e.a.r.t. is not your typical college experience. Expect to get dirty as you put into practice the things you're learning in the classroom. Developing skills that are practical in cross-cultural ministry is one of the focuses of the h.e.a.r.t. program. You'll do it all - work the soil, care for animals, prepare food using primitive methods and much more.
h.e.a.r.t. has a culture of community. You'll share living space, classroom space and work space with students and staff. You'll be challenged to put aside our culture's tendency toward independence and learn to be more interdependent. A high value is placed on building relationships, communicating effectively and resolving conflict.
h.e.a.r.t. desires for each person in the community to cultivate a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ. Individuals are encouraged to practice various spiritual disciplines and the community strives together toward Christ through daily times of prayer and reflection. We're committed to training missionaries who are prepared to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
"NO college in the country has anything to compare with the brilliant vision of h.e.a.r.t."
Dr. Tony Campolo
- founder and president of the Evangelical Association for the Promotion of Education
“h.e.a.r.t. is an incredible place to get really practical training and preparation to go wherever God leads! Take a deeper look into an incredible opportunity.”
- Youth Pastor
“You guys were fantastic. Not only did you teach them so much explicitly, but in all your actions you demonstrated how they might become adults who shape their lives to match their values. They left feeling more powerful than when they arrived and perhaps humbler understanding their privileges in this world.”
- MAV leader of 54 middle school students
“Volunteering at h.e.a.r.t. has been a wonderful experience for my family. I know that my children are in a safe environment surrounded by good influences while they contribute to a truly worthwhile organization. We’ve met an amazing group of people, learned so much and have taken back so much more than we’ve given. We LOVE volunteering at h.e.a.r.t.! ”
- weekly volunteer
7 days left
- Let's face it, guys. Sometimes we need a reason to disconnect from the busyness of life to be able to reconnect with God and with other men. Join us for a men's weekend of camping, laughter and the great outdoors. March 14 - 15, 2014 Ages 13 and older. Early Bird discounts a[...]
22 days left
- Join Jimmy Usher, long time friend of Charlie Smith and author of his biography, at Toy World for a FREE book signing! Toy World will host an open house from 5pm - 9pm on Saturday March 29, 2014. Jimmy will be sharing at 6:00pm and 7:30pm. Purchase your book ahead of time (choose the [...]
49 days left
- Join us for our 2nd Annual Garden Celebration! We've got a line up of incredible speakers who will help you gain insight into various topics surrounding homestead gardening. Wondering what to do with the kids? They're invited too! Children ages 2-12 will enjoy age appropriate, hands-on acti[...]