h.e.a.r.t.'s highly trained faculty is passionate about the subjects they teach. Not only do they want you to have a deep understanding of the content, they want to help you integrate the classroom learning with application in a cross-cultural setting. All of our professors hold at least a Master's Degree and more than half also have a Doctorate.
Our fundamental principles
h.e.a.r.t. is not your typical college experience. Expect to get dirty as you put into practice the things you're learning in the classroom. Developing skills that are practical in cross-cultural ministry is one of the focuses of the h.e.a.r.t. program. You'll do it all - work the soil, care for animals, prepare food using primitive methods and much more.
h.e.a.r.t. has a culture of community. You'll share living space, classroom space and work space with students and staff. You'll be challenged to put aside our culture's tendency toward independence and learn to be more interdependent. A high value is placed on building relationships, communicating effectively and resolving conflict.
h.e.a.r.t. desires for each person in the community to cultivate a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ. Individuals are encouraged to practice various spiritual disciplines and the community strives together toward Christ through daily times of prayer and reflection. We're committed to training missionaries who are prepared to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
"NO college in the country has anything to compare with the brilliant vision of h.e.a.r.t."
Dr. Tony Campolo
- founder and president of the Evangelical Association for the Promotion of Education
“h.e.a.r.t. is an incredible place to get really practical training and preparation to go wherever God leads! Take a deeper look into an incredible opportunity.”
- Youth Pastor
“You guys were fantastic. Not only did you teach them so much explicitly, but in all your actions you demonstrated how they might become adults who shape their lives to match their values. They left feeling more powerful than when they arrived and perhaps humbler understanding their privileges in this world.”
- MAV leader of 54 middle school students
“Volunteering at h.e.a.r.t. has been a wonderful experience for my family. I know that my children are in a safe environment surrounded by good influences while they contribute to a truly worthwhile organization. We’ve met an amazing group of people, learned so much and have taken back so much more than we’ve given. We LOVE volunteering at h.e.a.r.t.! ”
- weekly volunteer
- **Special Offer** While supplies last, get a copy of Charlie that has been signed by the author! Jimmy Usher was a long time friend of Charlie Smith, one of the founders of h.e.a.r.t. In this gripping and inspiring biography, Jimmy recounts Charlie's life, vision and passions and allows the ... [read more]
- Come celebrate with us as we honor our amazing Fall 2014 class of students. They have learned so much, worked so hard, and would be overjoyed to see you! Celebration of Community is more than the traditional graduation. It's a chance to hear personal and corporate testimonies of what Christ has ... [read more]
- Join Stephen Kane, trained survivor expert, for a weekend of developing your wilderness skills, building your own shelter, making the perfect flame, purifying water and much, much more! If you have ever been intrigued by Bear Grylls, you will definitely want to take advantage of this incredible week... [read more]